Director – Elder Rogers Wilson
L2 – Sis. Bobbie Higginbotham
Team Leader –Sis. Charlotte Williams
- Angel Tree doesn’t end with Christmas. This is only the beginning of a rewarding ongoing relationship with the children and their families.
- We continue our ministry to these families throughout the year with a resurrected egg hunt and summer camp.
- Please pray that God will use Bible Way to foster transformation in their lives and reconciliation and restoration within their families.
- Phone Angel Tree families
- Send out mailings
- Wrap gifts
- Document participation
- Serve on food committee
Purpose of Ministry
What We Do:
Angel Tree gives Bible Way an opportunity to share Christ’s love by helping to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of families. The Ministry is a program of Prison Fellowship that focuses on transforming the lives of the prisoners’ children and fostering reconciliation between the child and incarcerated parent and /or family member.
“Then the King will say to those on His right, Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him,
`Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? `And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? `When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ “The King will answer and say to them, `Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’ (Matthew 25:34-40)
How we pull off the biblical principles:
The Gift: Angel Tree is not just a ministry to the children of incarcerated; it seeks to ministry to the family as a whole. In our case, Church members purchase and deliver the presents while offering families the gift of Jesus Christ.
- The Connection: A special Christmas tree is set up in the ministry center with angel decorations.
- The angels include the name of an inmate child and their gift wishes.
- Participating families select an angel, purchase the gift, and return the wrapped gift to the church.
- The Ministry host an Open House
- Angel Tree Christmas begins in October.